Day 8: 12/18/13
Today’s cookies are a classic combination. They also happen to be one of my favorites. Can you guess what they are?
What can I say about these delectable cookies? They were so, so, so very good! The edges were crisp and crunchy. The center was soft and chewy. They were sweet and nutty and chocolatey. So amazing!
That’s all for now! Happy Baking!!
Here’s the recipe:
The Best White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies (adapted from: The Novice Chef)
Yield: 15 cookies
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt flakes
1 stick unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup coarsely chopped salted macadamia nuts
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Mix to combine.
4. In three additions, add the flour mixture, mixing with each addition.
5. Using a spatula, fold in the white chocolate chips. Repeat with the chopped macadamia nuts.
6. Using a small ice cream scoop, form the dough into balls. Tear each ball in half and put the torn side down on the cookie sheet. Put the other half on top (see above for a picture of what it looks like).
7. Bake for 12 minutes. The edges will be slightly browned.
8. Take the cookies out of the oven. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and cool completely.